Rae Hill

P. 866-248-5845 x 5301

F. 866-407-9655

Veteran Services

CCJO Academic Advisor

Angela Barrett


Degree Requirements


Student Accounts


For Technical Support

  • For login help, call the OIT Help Desk at 503 725-HELP (local) or 1-800-547-8887 ext. 4357.
  • For all other technical support questions call the CCJO Help Line at 503-725-2256 or toll-free at 1-800-547-8887, press “2,” then press 52256. Select option 2 for technical support. You may also email
  • CCJO Help Line hours are Mon-Fri 10am-4pm Pacific Time. For after-hours support please record a message for a return call the next business day. Please include your name, call back number, and the best time to reach you.

Student Health Insurance

  1. CCJ Online courses are assessed tuition and fees separate from regular PSU courses. CCJO does not include Incidental or Health Services fees; therefore, CCJO students are not eligible to use services supported by those fees, including insurance.
  2. CCJO courses do not count toward the Student Health Insurance Requirement. CCJO students do not pay the Student Health Insurance Fee or show proof of insurance.
  3. However, if a CCJO student enrolls in 5 or more PSU credits outside of the CCJO curriculum in a given term, the Student Health Insurance Requirement will apply, along with standard university tuition and fees. Out-of-state students would be charged non-resident tuition.
  4. See here for more information regarding Student Health Insurance:

How to finish your sciences

  • If you are pursuing the BS in Criminology and Criminal Justice you need a total of 12 science credits, 8 of which have to be with a lab.
  • Online science courses at PSU are very limited. You may find it more convenient/necessary to complete this requirement with courses taken at an accredited local community college.
  • You also have the option of completing your requirement at one of PSU’s 7 partner community colleges as a formally co-admitted student:
    Co-admission is useful because financial aid can be used at both schools. Chemeketa & Clackamas Community Colleges are frequently chosen because they offer many online courses, including online science. However, their courses are also very popular and securing a spot can be difficult.
  • You can contact the Academic Advisor for a list of possible science classes. To have a class verified, please send the Academic Advisor the school name, course number & name, and course description. Any classes not pre-approved may not fulfill the BS degree requirements. Note: Make sure that the number of credits earned from the course matches the number of credits needed for the requirement.
  • If you are unsure of what you have outstanding for your BS degree requirements, please refer to your DARS report or ask the Academic Advisor. It is your responsibility to make sure you understand your requirements. Make plans to complete any outstanding BS degree requirements as soon as possible. Do not put these off till the end of your studies! Doing so may cause your graduation to be delayed.
  • Bachelor of Science Requirements (28 credits)
    • 12 credits in sciences (8 of the 12 science credits must be coursework with lab or fieldwork)
    • 12 credits in arts/letters and/or social sciences
    • 4 credits in college-level math/statistics (excluding math 100 or lower)
  • Examples of courses in each category
    Arts and Letters Sciences Social Sciences
    Applied Linguistics, Architecture, Art, Arts & Letters, Dance, English/Writing, Foreign Languages & Literature, Humanities, Music, Philosophy, Speech Communication, Speech & Hearing Sciences, Theater Arts Fine and Performing Arts Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Geology, Physics Administration of Justice, Criminal Justice, Criminology, Anthropology, Child & Family Studies, Community Development, Economics, Geography, History, International Studies, Political Science, Psychology, Social Science, Sociology, Urban Studies & Planning, Women’s Studies

Graduation Information

Submit Application for Undergraduate Degree. The $30 degree application fee plus a $2 service charge is nonrefundable; you must pay with a Visa or MasterCard at the time you submit your application.

Note: The CCJO certificates require a separate application which can be found on this page. PSU will notify you by mail when your diploma is available. Diplomas will automatically be mailed to the U.S. address you provide on the degree application.

Grade/Incomplete Policy

Incomplete Policy
Students do not have a right to receive/demand an Incomplete grade. The option of assigning an Incomplete grade is at the discretion of the instructor when the following criteria are met.

Eligibility Criteria

  1. Required satisfactory course completion/participation.
    The quality of the work is satisfactory, but some essential work remains. In addition, the student must have successfully completed most of the course work at the time the student requests the Incomplete, with a minimum grade up to that point of a C- for undergraduate, or B- for a graduate level course.
  2. Reasonable justification for request.
    Reasons for assigning the Incomplete must be acceptable by the instructor. A student does not have the right to demand an Incomplete. The circumstances should be unforeseen or be beyond the control of the student. The instructor is entitled to request appropriate medical or other documentation to validate the student’s request.
  3. Incomplete grade is not a substitute for a poor grade.
    The Incomplete grade is not meant to create the opportunity for special or additional work for a student to raise a poor grade, or for the opportunity to take the course over by sitting in on the course in a later term without registering or paying for it.
  4. Written agreement.
    A written or electronic agreement will be endorsed by both the instructor and student. The document will specify a) the remaining work to be completed, b) the highest grade which may be awarded upon submission of remaining items, and c) the date which the missing work is due. The latter may not exceed one year from the end of the term for enrollment for the given course. A template “Incomplete Contract” is available on Registrar’s website.
  5. Written agreement.
    A written or electronic agreement will be endorsed by both the instructor and student. The document will specify a) the remaining work to be completed, b) the highest grade which may be awarded upon submission of remaining items, and c) the date which the missing work is due. The latter may not exceed one year from the end of the term for enrollment for the given course. A template “Incomplete Contract” is available on Registrar’s website.
  6. Resolving the Incomplete.
    Instructors may not encourage students to “sit in” an entire future course in order to resolve the Incomplete grade. If the student needs to retake the entire course, they should be given the
    grade presently earned, and must formally register for the future class they will be attending. If the missed portion of the course is no longer available, instructors may offer an alternative assignment. Grading weight of the alternative assignment should not exceed the original assignment. Students are fully responsible for monitoring all due dates.

Other Rules:

  1. GPA Calculation: Incomplete grades are not included when calculating GPA.
  2. Deadline for Completion: The deadline for completion of an Incomplete is one calendar year. The instructor may set a shorter deadline, which is binding. Any request for a longer deadline must be requested via petition to the Scholastic Standards Committee or Graduate Council.
  3. Failure to make up an Incomplete by the end of one year:
    a. Undergraduate Incomplete Grades: The mark of “I” will automatically change to a grade of “F” or “NP”, depending on the grading option chosen by the student upon registration. If the Incomplete converts to an F, the F grade is included in calculating GPA.
    b. Graduate Incomplete Grades: The Incomplete will become part of the permanent record for a graduate course.
  4. Graduating Undergraduate Students: Incompletes awarded in undergraduate courses taken in Fall 2006 or later will automatically change to a grade of “F” or “NP” before conferral of the degree. The faculty of record may submit a grade change no later than 30 days after the degree is awarded.
    Grades of “F” or “NP” will remain on the academic record after this period and cannot be removed.
  5. Contract for Assigning an Incomplete Form:

Drop/withdrawal refund Policy

Consistent with the rest of the University, the CCJO operates on a quarter system using the PSU Academic Calendar. To accommodate the busy schedules of our online students we have organized some courses so that the actual class work happens in either the first half or the second half of the quarter. Nevertheless, the university deadlines for adding, dropping, withdrawing, and seeking refunds are based on the PSU Academic Calendar. These deadlines apply to all courses regardless of whether the primary work is scheduled for the first five or second five weeks of the term. In other words, the final day to receive a full refund for a dropped course (i.e., end of week 1) applies to all classes, even those where the coursework doesn’t fully begin until week six. The Program Coordinator will email all students the deadlines you need to be aware of for the term.


  1. Go to or
  2. Enter your PSU username and password. For login help, call the OIT Help Desk at 503 725-HELP (local) or 1-800-547-8887 ext. 4357.
  3. Click on the “Student” tab then click on “add or drop classes” then select the current term
  4. Enter the CRN #s for your courses. Do not search for our classes or CRN numbers; you will not find them this way.
  5. The CRN numbers will be provided to you by the Program Coordinator in an email every term once registration opens. CCJ Online classes do not fill up.

Sophomore Inquiry Requirement

  • Students who transfer into PSU with fewer than 90 quarter credit hours are required to complete additional UNST courses called Sophomore Inquiries (SINQ). SINQ courses are gateway classes that introduce students to the concepts, questions, methods, and other content that are to be further explored in their Junior Cluster. Sophomore Inquiry is an opportunity to explore topics of interest that are different from the CCJ major.The number of SINQs required is based on the number of transfer credits completed once you enroll in classes at PSU:
    • 75 to 89 credits = 1 SINQ
    • 60 to 74 credits = 2 SINQs
    • 45 to 59 credits = 3 SINQs

    UNST 234 Healthy People/Healthy Places is required for all students with fewer than 90 transfer credits who will later go on to complete the Healthy People/Healthy Places Junior Cluster (PHE 326, 335, &446). Online SINQ courses are available periodically through the regular campus. Check the general PSU schedule: We highly recommend that you work to complete this requirement as soon as possible. Putting it off may delay graduation! Please note that students taking online classes outside of the CCJO program and those taking courses on campus will be assessed standard university tuition and fees rather than the CCJO rates. For out-of-state students this will mean considerably higher costs.

New Student Tips

  1. Schedule a time with your Enrollment Advisor to speak to your Program Coordinator before you start classes. Your Program Coordinator will go over the specifics and help you get started in the Orientation course, so allow time to cover these topics.
  2. Be sure to log into your PSU email account If you wish to forward your email to another account, follow these instructions. You MUST regularly check your PSU email. Important messages regarding financial aid, degree requirements, graduation, etc., will be sent to that account.
  3. Make sure you have looked into/ordered your textbooks. To purchase books: or you can go through an outside source and use the ISBN numbers provided
  4. If you are using financial aid, please make sure to complete all outstanding documents and contact the Financial Aid office for any questions. For all other inquiries and methods of payment, please contact the Student Accounts office
  5. Review all emails from your Program Coordinator with information about the PSU One Card and drop deadlines for first and second five-week classes. Make sure you understand the drop deadlines for the first and second-half classes.
  6. Complete Desire to Learn (D2L) Orientation before classes start
  7. Attend the new student webinar. Date and time will be provided in advance.
  8. You can access your classes the Friday before classes start. On the first day of class make sure you log in into D2L and review your syllabus
  9. Are you prepared for class? Ready for the time commitment? Comfortable with D2L and online learning? Questions for your Program Coordinator?
  10. Review your Degree Requirements Checklist sent by your Academic Advisor and the instructions on how to run & read DARS. Make sure you understand what you will need to complete to receive your degree. If you don’t understand something, ask!

Financial Aid

Much of the information and forms you need for financial aid are available on the PSU website at

In addition, you may call or email the Financial Aid Office if you still have questions: Or, call the Criminology and Criminal Justice Online Program at 503-725-2256 or toll-free at 1-800-547-8887, press “2,” then press 52256. Select option 1 for Financial Aid. Please record a message for a return call and include your name, student ID, call back number, and the best time to reach you.

To Complete your FAFSA, click here

Visit and request a Personal Identification Number (PIN)

Go to and fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Assistance (FAFSA). Be sure to complete the correct aid year. You will need copies of the prior year’s

income tax return; if you do not have these available you may request a transcript of taxes be faxed to you by calling the IRS at 800-829-1040. University School Code: 003216

FAFSA Follow-up: You may retrieve a student loan history from the National Student Loan Data System, located at the following website: